Jumping castles are a great party idea if you have a lot of space and an active child. Fun and tiring, bouncing castles could help the kids to burn off their sugar excess from too much party food!
A video of Jumping Castles for Kids
Information on Jumping Castles for Kids in Australia
Will Your Kids Enjoy Jumping Castles at Their Party?
Is your son or daughter always on the move? If they love rough and tumble kids' activities they will probably enjoy a jumping castle at their party. Children who are nervous or timid might find bouncy castles a bit frightening or overwhelming so consider a quieter party activity for them.
Is your child a Cars fanatic? With a number of themes and designs available, you can add to the enjoyment by choosing your child's favourite character. Options include:
- Cartoon and movie character inflatables. Whether your kids want to bounce 'to infinity and beyond' or jump in a Disney princess castle, there will probably be something for them;
- Sports inflatables with basketball nets or other sport themes;
- Gymnastic inflatables with obstacles for an additional challenge;
- Playhouse inflatables can often include ball pits and slides;
- Indoor inflatables - if you don't have a big backyard you can get a miniature jumping castle for inside the house.
Jumping castles are usually suitable for children up to 13 years but it is important that they are supervised constantly by an adult. Other safety rules usually include no somersaults or climbing up the sides.
What's the Best Way to Organise a Jumping Castle for Your Next Kids' Party?
Not sure where you can hire jumping castles? Check online to find an operator in your area. Jumping castles usually costs around $200 for 4 hours. Don't forget to make sure you have enough space in your backyard and allow for set up time before the party starts.
Does your child have a birthday in the middle of cyclone season? Jumping castles are best for sunny days, or light rain. Many operators will cancel if it is excessively windy and pouring with rain so make sure you have a backup plan in case of bad weather.
Jumping castles combine fun and fitness and can be an excellent activity for birthday parties and other events where activities for kids are needed.
Why not bounce the idea around?