Do your kids like dancing? Most children today are into modern dancing like hip hop and street dance. Through this activity, kids can gain a lot of benefits in all aspects of their wellbeing. Why not take it to the next level by getting them to learn cultural dancing for kids? Exploring the world of dance through cultural dancing can help them gain awareness of the different cultures in the world. Enrol your kids to cultural dancing classes and lessons!
- Category: Performing Arts
- Approximate age to start Cultural Dancing Classes and Lessons: 2 years old
- Approximate price: $15 to $100
- Gear/equipment needed and approximate price range: costume: around $35, shoes: around $30
- This activity comprises of: Dancing
- Best period of the year: Year round
- School holiday programs available: YES
A video of Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons for kids
Information on Cultural dancing classes and lessons for kids
Are cultural dancing classes and lessons great for your kids?
Children nowadays are attracted to everything in and new – the latest gadgets, newest video games, even the most popular music and dance craze. With all of these latest fads, there seem to be hardly any kids activities where kids can learn about their roots, their own culture and the other nationalities, too. Cultural lessons for kids these days are only acquired in school and in institutions like galleries and museums. Bring them back to basics by encouraging them to get into cultural dancing for kids. Cultural dancing classes and lessons offers a lot of benefits that other dancing classes and lessons can provide, plus a lot more.
- Helps develop physical abilities and coordination
- Dancing as a form of exercise
- Serves as an excellent outlet for active toddlers
- Introduces the concept of diversity, and exposes children to different traditional music and dances around the world
- Fosters an appreciation for arts and music
Learning about the different cultures can tell us a lot about the lifestyle of different people from different parts of the globe. This way, we can understand them better. They can start by learning the aboriginal culture. Indigenous Australian dance is used by the aborigines to tell a story, and to perform a ritual or a ceremony. Other interesting cultural dances that your kids can learn are Asian dances (like Bollywood dancing) and South American dances (like salsa dancing).
Our ActiveActivities directory has a comprehensive list of available cultural dancing classes and lessons around Australia that your kids can join. The important thing that you should consider when looking for the right classes and lessons for your children is if they are interested in learning that particular dance. It is also important that there is round the clock adult supervision, and that the instructors give their full attention to their students. For ultimate enjoyment of the experience, the cultural activities for children should be done in a friendly and supportive environment, with fun activities for kids incorporated into the lesson.
Try something new by getting acquainted with the old. Your kids will surely love the colourful costumes!
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Australia
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Adelaide
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Brisbane
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Inner North
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Hobart & South East
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Melbourne
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Darwin
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Sydney
- Cultural Dancing Classes & Lessons in Perth