From wildlife parks to museums and sports clinics, your child will find the perfect activity to keep him busy during the break in New South Wales. Let your kid discover the fun in joining exciting adventure camps, art workshops and enlightening museum tours!
- Category: Holidays
- Approximate age to start School Holiday Programs: 7-17
- Approximate price: $2-$600
- Gear/equipment needed and approximate price range: Camping gear, sports equipment
- This activity comprises of: camping, outdoor activities, workshops
A video of School holiday programs in New South Wales
Information on school holiday programs in New South Wales
Get your kids to start school holiday programs in New South Wales!
New South Wales is home to some of the most exciting holiday venues for kids activities. Whether your children like to go on thrilling outdoor adventures, learn new sports, or explore different creative outlets, engaging in school holiday programs in New South Wales will definitely spell out fun during the break. Some activities in the school holiday programs last for a day, while some can take almost a week. There are also camps, activities, and other school holiday programs in New South Wales that can be enjoyed by children on their own or with the whole family.
Do your kids like to experience something new away from home? The NSW Office of Sport and Recreation lists a number of kids camps perfect for toddlers to children age 7-17 as part of the school holiday programs in New South Wales. From the quaint rural town of Berry to the coastal suburb of Myuna Bay, these are specially-designed for children to explore various activities and potential skills.
- One-Day Camps
For a fun-filled day of activities and new friends, the one-day camp in Berry Sport Recreation Centre is ideal for your children. Berry Hall is an award-winning multipurpose recreation hall where children can explore activities such as giant swing and raft building. As one of the school holiday programs in New South Wales, this camp will take place in a safe and secured environment.
- Three-Day Camps
Also located in Berry Sport Recreation Centre, action-packed three day camps Mission Adrenalin and Adventure Camp will definitely be a welcome challenge for your kids who are keen to try things they have never before such as canoeing and archery to raft building and other outdoor activities. These school holiday programs in New South Wales will appeal to the inner explorer in your kid.
- Five-Day Camps
Taking the fun in activities for kids a notch higher, five-day camps offer various exciting options depending on the interests of children. The country coast in Borambola Sport and Recreation Centre, for example, is a site for Sports Crazy Camp where sports for kids are given a camping experience twist. You can also let your children learn the challenge and rewards of preparing and cooking one’s own food with Cooking 4 Kids in Myuna Bay and Milson Island Sport and Recreation Centre. Kids can also choose to get wet and wild with the Make a Splash camp or learn how to catch fish with the Hooked on Fishing camp at Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre or Milson Island Sport and Recreation Centre. With aquatic facilities, natural wharfs, and beaches nearby, spending the New South Wales public holidays with school holiday programs in New South Wales such as these camps will be a memory your children will cherish for the time to come.
Enrolment forms and contact details for the said school holiday programs in New South Wales are available online. Depending on the duration and type, the packages for these camps may range from around $46 to $600, inclusive of the activities, accommodation, supervision, meals, and transportation. The locations can be reached by a one to two-hour drive from Sydney. These camps strictly observe age limits, so it is highly recommended to double check the age group your child belongs to.
Are the members of the family interested in the school holiday programs in New South Wales as well? If the whole family wants to make the most out of the break, family holidays in New South Wales are just as exciting. Take on a four-day getaway at the Milson Island Sport and Recreation Centre and spend quality time together. With an array of fun outdoor activities, you can choose whether to have a beach escapade or a serene country holiday. The packages for school holiday programs in New South Wales are available for all ages.
Is your kid a naturally curious about plants and animals? Forests and the wildlife are also a perfect place to spend the school holiday programs in New South Wales. NSW has a number of parks, zoos, and wildlife adventure trails where both toddlers and kids-at-heart can explore the sheer beauty and grand scale of nature.
- Roar & Snore – Experience a thrilling stay within Taronga Zoo, Sydney’s most popular zoo. Let your kids take on the zoo night safari with breathtaking harbour views and wake up to the calls of the wild—from the roar of lions to the trumpeting of elephants. Like other camps, participants are advised to bring wet-weather gear along with toiletries and other overnight stay necessities.
- Zoo Snooze – The Zoo Snooze of Mogo Zoo in Mogo, NSW is another unique camping experience where children can stay in the provided tent-style accommodation. As one of the school holiday programs in New South Wales, your children will take on an overnight educational adventure surrounded by Mogo Zoo’s exotic animals.
- WilderQuest – Take on a journey in the wild, wild world with these school holiday programs in New South Wales. The WilderQuest camp of The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service takes participants to different journeys in NSW’s national parks. Supervised by wildlife experts, these quests take place in national parks abundant with flora and fauna. Amazing Marine Creatures, for example, brings children to the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park where they will explore marine life along the scenic coastlines. I Spy in the Night takes place in Ben Boyd National Park where kids will set off to a journey through the wilderness while learning more about the creatures that come out at night. These school holiday programs in New South Wales will not only let the children have fun in the wild, but will also learn lessons from nature.
Do you think your child is not much of an outdoor type? Perhaps he will have more fun learning history, arts, crafts and culture through the school holiday programs in New South Wales. There are a number of school holiday programs in New South Wales you can enrol them in or museums and galleries you can visit. NSW has some of the renowned art centres and libraries in Australia.
- Photography Workshop – Train your kid’s creative eye! The workshops by the State Library of NSW costs $60 where your children will develop camera skills. Inclusive of camera use, these school holiday programs in New South Wales are available to children aged 10 years old and above.
- Courses at The Australian Film Television and Radio School – Does your kid have the makings of a star? An exemplary sample of the school holiday programs in Sydney and school holiday programs in New South Wales, the workshops provided by the AFTRS will prove to be a solid foundation for your budding actor and filmmaker. The state-of-the-art film studios in Moore, Sydney will be the training grounds for school programs in New South Wales where children will learn to write, shoot, cut, choreograph and act for screen.
- Get Artsy in the Galleries – The Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney lets the young ones discover the fascinating world of art through different activities for kids such as drawing workshops, interactive art features, puppet shows, and drawing lessons every weekday as part of the school holiday programs in New South Wales. These programs are free upon admission in the Art Gallery.
- Exploring the World of Science – The Sydney Observatory offers 3-D space theatre, planetarium, and telescope tours. With admission fees from as low as $2 to about $18 depending on the age of the visitor and type of the tour, children will learn more about our mesmerizing world and the universe. The Sydney Observatory is fully-equipped with the latest equipment and tours as part of school holiday programs in New South Wales.
When it comes to exciting activities and get-away during the break, there are a wide range of school holiday programs in New South Wales that you can consider. Visit our ActiveActivities directory for more information and ideas about the school holiday programs in New South Wales.
Whether your children prefer outdoor forest or aquatic adventures or learning arts and crafts in the studios, you will find the perfect activity. Holidays have never been this fun when they take part in the school holiday programs New South Wales!